About the Program
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® is an initiative of the Parenting and Family Support Center at the University of Queensland, Australia. Triple P is dedicated to the many parents and children who have participated in the development of this program. The goal of the program is to give parents the skills necessary to raise healthy children.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program® knows all parents have different needs. That’s why Triple P has many different ways for you to get your parenting help. So you can choose what will suit you and your family best. The Primary series was developed for parents of children from age 0-12 yrs of age.
The Triple P Primary Topics Include:
- Dealing with Disobedience
- Managing Fighting and Aggression
- Developing Good Bedtime Routines
- Hassle-Free Shopping with Children
The Council also provides the Triple P Teen Program for parents of youth ages 12 and above.
The Triple P Teen Topics Include:
- Getting Teenagers to Cooperate
- Coping with Teenagers’ Emotions
- Building Teenagers’ Survival Skills
- Reducing Family Conflict
Triple P Components
Level 3 Discussion Group Options:
- 4 sessions
- 2 hours per session
- Group discussions to help educate and guide parents through common family issues. Theses discussions empower parents with the necessary tools to overcome and address the cause of conflict in their home (i.e. problem behavior.
One on one phone call
- 2-3 conversations
- Facilitators are able to target any specific needs/conflicts a client presents during each call.